The Stages Theatre Festival 2016 has now ended.
Thanks to all the staff, volunteers, artists, sponsors, funders and audience for making the festival happen.
STAGES will be back in 2017.
If you have a production ready to be a part of STAGES 2017, your deadline to submit is October 1st, 2016. Programming happens by December 1st, 2016 for the 2017 Festival.
STAGES 2017 is scheduled for May 15th - 27th, 2017.
STAGES presents shows at different stages of development, on different stages in Halifax, by artists at different stages of their careers, through a variety of productions, workshops, and play-readings.
The Stages Festival has involved many Atlantic Canadian theatre companies and artists.
Please submit the following for your stage-ready production:
- Cover letter, briefly detailing your company history and the show's creation and status (number of performances & history to date) and how many people are involved
- A copy of the complete script
- A cast & production crew list, bios and headshots
- A synopsis - no longer than 300 words
- A one line descriptive 'log-line.'
- A video of the show (if possible, an archival of the entire performance.)
- Any poster or graphic that you have already (not necessary, but we are curious.)
- Describe your ideal venue, that your show is best suited for.
PLEASE NOTE: If your play is selected for presentation in the STAGES Theatre Festival, the application should come from a company. The modest fee that EFT pays has to go to a producing company and not to an individual. This is because EFT 'presents' these plays and does not produce them. Our funding only allows us to present.
The producing company will sign an agreement with EFT to bring their play to the Festival. The producing company will secure all performing rights, pay all royalties and get ALL clearances. This wil be reflected in the contract.
The producing company will also be the signatory with the Canadian Actors' Equity Association, if applicable.
The STAGES Theatre Festival pays a modest fee for a 4-6 show run at the Festival. Visiting companies should seek additional funding. EFT will apply for Canada Council funding to assist with travel, per diem and accommodation. These funds are not guaranteed.
If you are submitting a play for a staged reading, or another form of project/workshop, please also follow the above guidelines as far as possible.
DEADLINE: 5pm on October 1st, 2016 by email OR hard copy (postmarked Oct 1st, 2016)
Mail to: Jeremy Webb, Artistic Producer, Eastern Front Theatre, 1580 Barrington St, Halifax, NS, B3J 1Z6
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org